My Top Travel Hacks
I love to travel and, most importantly, I love to travel well! Over the years, I have learned a few things that have made my travel easier. Here are a few items to consider when you are about to embark not only on that special trip but also just a weekend jaunt.
- CLEAR I can’t say enough about how Clear speeds me through airport security. It is available at over 30 US airports. The yearly cost is reasonable and you can often find free or close to free trial offers. Get information at clearme.com
- TSA PRE Yes, TSA Pre lines have gotten longer. But, combine this with Clear and you will sail through airport security. It is almost like pre 9/11 days tsa.gov/precheck
- GLOBAL ENTRY The final item of my “make my airport life easier” check offs. Another great and inexpensive thing to consider is Global Entry. Just as Clear and TSA Pre helps you get through security, Global Entry will make your life easier and quicker when you return from a foreign trip. Note, many credit cards will reimburse you for the cost. cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/global-entry
VIRTUOSO TRAVEL Use a travel agency like Virtuoso or American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts. There is no charge for their services and the benefits are great – think upgrades, complimentary breakfast, hotel credits, late checkout, etc. www.virtuoso.com https://www.americanexpressfhr.com/featured-hotel-searches
- LIE FLAT SEATS True lie-flat seats will make international flights easy. Yes, they definitely cost more but if you plan early and are flexible you can find less expensive flights. Instead of 2 trips in a year, consider 1 in lie flats. Google flights is a great place to start your search. google.com/flights
- FREQUENT FLIER / HOTEL PROGRAMS Yes, “free” flights and hotel stays are not anywhere near what they were a few years ago but there are still worthwhile options if you plan early. We are taking family to Europe this summer and all of their flights are saver award business class in lie flat seats. Some hotels have been booked using points.
I will have a few more tips in the next few weeks. Share some of your travel tips with us! TRAVEL WELL