See what I did there? I don’t know about you, but I LOVE peanut butter! I think every child (save those with peanut allergies….) grows up thinking this magical spread is a food group unto itself. I know I did. I STILL love that flavor.
So, when I walked past a “powdered” version of my fave…I shook my head and thought “some progress is just not right…”. How could something as delish as PB be any good in a powdered form???!!
Then it happened, I bought a jar and tried it. Grimacing the entire time making those “disapproving” noises….. SURPRISE! It is amazing. Easy to mix and tastes even better than the “old school” version. They’ve created a classic without the oil and fat of the original. I don’t know about you but this means I can eat more of it and not get a twinge of guilt….I’m good with anything that produces that outcome.
So, here are a couple of things I did with my first tastes:
BERRIES & PEANUT BUTTER OATS
The perfect Summer version of breakfast.
|1/2 cup rolled oats|
|1 cup unsweetened almond milk|
|2 Tbsp PBfit (on OBSESSIONS page)|
|1 Tbsp Surkin Sweetner (on OBESSIONS page)|
|pinch of sea salt|
|1/4 cup raspberries (fresh)|
|1/4 cup blueberries (fresh)|
1. In a large bowl, combine oats, almond milk, PBfit, Sweetner and sea salt.
2. Microwave for 2½ minutes. Stir.
3. Top with berries and a splash of almond milk.
|1/3 cup Virgin Organic Coconut Oil|
|2 Tbsp Organic Agave Syrup|
|2 Tbsp Organic Chia Seeds, soaked in 6 Tbsp. water for 20 minutes|
|1/2 tsp vanilla extract|
|3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk|
|2 bananas, mashed thoroughly|
|1 cup oat flour|
|2 tsp baking soda|
|1 tsp salt|
|1/2 cup PBfit|
|1/2 cup rolled oats|
|2 Tbsp crushed peanuts (for topping)|
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In a tabletop mixer, combine coconut oil, agave, chia, vanilla, almond milk and banana and mix together until smooth.
3. In a medium size bowl mix flour, baking soda and salt together.
4. While mixing add dry mixture to wet mixture. Add PBfit and rolled oats and blend.
5. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with liners and divide the batter among them. Top with crushed peanuts.
6. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
CALORIES 190 • FAT 9G • PROTEIN 5G • CARBS 24G • FIBER 3G
The muffins are SO.DARN.GOOD. I love it when the recipe says “let cool”…right….mine were gone in less than 30 minutes! Let’s keep it real:)
Let me know you thoughts on this product and what you’ve made with it. Smoothies are next on my list!