YOU CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT THIS!
I’m a HUGE fan of salads…..I could eat them every.single.day. during Summer (and, all winter long as well….to be truthful). I’ve been trying to find a way to make my salads stick with me a bit longer. I’ve tried all of the obvious methods…protein, extra crunch and great dressings. But, try as I might, the old salad holds me for about 2 hours. Then, I’m back to eating again! And again……more on this later…..
So, when I read about this tricky little option (@food52) … I decided to give it a try. I made a mixed greens and kale salad with assorted veggies and a homemade Tahini Dressing (I wish I could put this stuff on EVERTHING!) Don’t blame me if this turns into an addiction…..
Here is the secret weapon:
It’s called Ricotta Spoonable and it just makes your salad sing with deliciousness. Here is how you make it.
PREP TIME 1 HOUR 10 MINS MAKES: 2 CUPS
- 2 cups whole-milk ricotta, drained if there’s liquid
- 1 large lemon, or more to taste
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/2 teaspoon fleur de sel or ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup minced mixed fresh herbs, such as dill, parsley, tarragon, thyme, cilantro and/or basil
YOU place the Ricotta Spoonable in the bottom of your salad bowl – swirl it around so it’s pretty even. Then add your greens and mix.
PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS. DID IT KEEP YOU FULL LONGER?
1/4 Cup olive oil
3 T tahini
1 Lemon, squeezed
3 – 5 T filtered water
1 tsp minced garlic (I use fresh)
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
Blend all ingredients together in blender (chill if you like) and pour on your salad.