GET THE “RELAXING” FIX …
I know what you’re thinking….it’s a hot bath with soothing music playing……..nope. Gotcha:)
For anyone whose ever had those annoying (and painful) night cramps, we’ve got an answer for you today. It is highly likely you are deficient in Magnesium. Also known as “the relaxing supplement” by nutritionists.
I had always heard that magnesium had a number of benefits but had never really delved into this powerful substance. Turns out that it helps our body do a number of things including synthesizing fatty acids and proteins, protein formation and muscle health amongst others. The Good Doctor sent me these links with a quick summary of its benefits.
Here are a few benefits of magnesium:
- It helps with anxiety and depression
- It helps our brain cells
- It helps manage blood sugar particularly with Type II diabetes
- It helps muscle recovery
- It helps with migraines – both with intensity and frequency
- It can help lower blood pressure
- It can help with PMS
- It can decrease inflammation and muscle soreness
Magnesium can be found in a variety of foods and in supplement form.
Some good sources of magnesium can be found in:
- Seeds such as flax, pumpkin, flax and sunflower
- Spinach Interestingly cooked spinach has more magnesium than raw spinach.
- Almonds – my go to pick me up for protein
- Bananas – the most eaten fruit in the US with over 11 pounds per person consumed yearly.
- Cocoa – Yes, I just knew that dark chocolate would make the list.
DO YOU TAKE MAGNESIUM? DID YOU HAVE NIGHT CRAMPS? DID IT HELP YOU?