SCIENCE BASED REASONS TO DRINK COFFEE…
I don’t want to get carried away here but, truth be known I WORSHIP this magical brown elixir! Sad but true…..and, I think there are lots of you that feel the same way, right?
So, I thought I’d share some science based reasons for you to partake:
- Increases your metabolic rate.⠀Helps you burn more calories. YAY!
- Makes you more alert.⠀Increases focus.⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Improves physical performance. Have a cup before working out and let me know what you think….a little more “pep” in your step? Better workout?
- Improves mood & brain function. You feel clearer.
- Contains powerful antioxidants.
- Helps prevent Alzheimers, Parkinson’s and MS. See Harvard studies.
Most of us can count on coffee providing a few health benefits. However, as usual, please chat with your medical professional. If you have heart issues or coffee just makes you super jittery, try alternating with herbal tea.
WHAT IS MY COFFEE CULTURE?
*I try to buy Organic Coffee in bean form. I buy only pre-ground regular “off the shelf” coffee.
*I rarely drink coffee after 11 am … it can keep me awake.
*I add protein powder or MCT Oil to my cup of Joe.
Everyone has their own way of drinking coffee – try to pay attention to the way your body feels when you drink coffee. If you notice that you are jittery or having trouble dozing off in the evening, consider trying decaf or herbal tea.
WHAT KIND OF COFFEE DO YOU DRINK? DO YOU PREFER IT BLACK? HOW MANY CUPS DO YOU DRINK EVERY DAY?
Wishing you healthy sipping!