3 INGREDIENT OATMEAL COOKIES .. yes, 3
If you take a minute and scroll through 3 ingredient cookies, you’ll find hundreds but, not all cookies are created the same! You know what I mean, crispy edges with that yummy chewy center…this one has it in spades.
Easy to make (again, THREE ingredients) and definately EASY to eat. Try these.
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup well-stirred tahini
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Line two sheet pans with parchment or silicone mats.
- Add the oats, brown sugar, and salt to a medium bowl. Use your hands to combine, rubbing the mixture between your palms to break up any sugar lumps, until everything is as homogenous as possible. Add the tahini and water, and use a spoon to stir until a sticky, cohesive dough forms.
- Scoop the dough in heaping tablespoons onto the sheet tray. You should get 16 cookies, so 8 on each sheet tray. Use your palm to gently smush each blob into a disc (about 2 inches in diameter).
- Bake the cookies for about 12 minutes, rotating halfway through, until the edges just start to brown. The cookies will look almost underbaked, but they’ll crisp as they cool. Remove the cookies from the oven, but leave them on the sheet pans for at least 10 minutes, or until they’re sturdy enough to transfer with a spatula to a cooling rack. If you peek at their bottoms, they should be lightly golden-brown.
- Cool completely before serving and store any leftovers in an airtight container. I love that they take time to suggest “leftovers” in an airtight container…..these lasted roughly 2 hours!