BAKE IT A BETTER WORLD.
I LOVE salmon! There it’s out in the open.
Grilled is my favorite but, my newest obsession is to bake it in my air fryer. It’s quick and easy (400 degrees for 19 minutes) and, you can get the crispy effect that you get with grilling.
The trick to this delicious recipe is the Mango-Cucumber Salsa. Now, I know what you’re thinking…..it’s not exactly mango season.
No worries…use frozen mango and chop it up.
- 2 4-6 ounce filets of salmon
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cucumber peeled and diced
- 1 mango diced
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- 1 garlic clove mashed
- ½ cup red onion chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients for salsa. Cover and place in refrigerator while you prepare your Salmon.
- Wash and trim Salmon filets. Rub thoroughly with Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper.
- Cook Salmon – Use a cast iron skillet and be sure it is properly oiled and coated. You want the salmon to stick and form a “crunchy” outer layer.
- Air Fryer – 400 degrees for 19 minutes.
- Grill – For the brave…..approximately 6 minutes on each side.
Plate Salmon, spoon Salsa over top and serve with fresh limes.
*recipe adapted from K junkie.
Eat Real Food and Keep Moving,