HATERS GONNA HATE…I DON’T CARROT AT ALL!
The HOLIDAYS are here and I am “on the hunt” for a few different, but super simple and tasty” side dishes. Anyone with me?
So, when I saw a variation of this dish, I jumped on it!
HONEY-GLAZED CARROTS WITH FETA
- 2 pounds carrots scrubbed and cleaned
- 3 tbsp AVOCADO OIL
- 3 tbsp Manuka honey
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- pinch sea salt + more to sprinkle on top
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- Parsley chopped to fine texture
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat and add oil.
- Once the skillet is hot, add the carrots.
- Give them a nice stir, so they are coated well with the oil.
- Let them cook for about 5-7 minutes, until they start to get a nice “crunchy look” on each side.
- Next, add 2-3 T water and toss again.
- Reduce the heat to low and place a cover for 5 minutes.
- Remove the cover and give the carrots a final toss.
- They should look crispy on the outside.
- Next, remove the pan from heat and stir in the honey and balsamic vinegar.
- Once the carrots have cooled, then top with the crumbled feta cheese and plate.
Be sure to sign up and follow us as we taste our way through healthy options to “heavy” holiday faves!
Eat Real Food and Have the BEST week evaaaaa!