You know how every once in a while you find a recipe that just makes you smile…..
REALLY BIG. And, you love it even more the next day?
Yeah, that one……
Well, here is my really big smile recipe.
- 2 tbsp avocado or extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 large organic chicken breasts, trimmed and cubed
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- 2 tbsp raw or manuka honey
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch (or cornstarch)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- In a large bowl, let cubed chicken marinate with 1-2 tbsp oil, salt and pepper until your skillet is ready.
- In a large pot or skillet, heat oil until hot, but not smoking. Add diced onion and garlic, and cook until onions are translucent, stirring every few minutes. Add your chicken and spread out evenly so it can brown.
- Once almost fully cooked, add your other ingredients: coconut aminos, honey, sesame oil and water, and stir. Separately in a small bowl, add a few tablespoons of water and 1 tbsp arrowroot or cornstarch (to thicken the sauce). Stir until completely dissolved before adding to your skillet. Give everything another good stir and let heat on medium for 5-7 minutes, covered.
- Remove from heat, add 1/4 cup chopped green onion and 1 tbsp sesame seeds to skillet and stir. Serve over rice with sauteed broccolini and another sprinkle of green onion and sesame seeds.
Plate and enjoy!