With all of our attention on making our homes safer for our families, natural cleaning products are on everyone’s mind.
I love the idea but, worried that they would be ineffective or it would take HOURS to mix them up. So, I decided to try one of the “cleaning solutions” I’d seen online. I was so surprised….it worked incredibly well. As with any cleaning product it’s always best to catch the “stain” as quickly as possible. But, this will definitely rock your cleaning day!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Baking soda
- White vinegar
- Microfiber cloth
- A scraping tool (like a food scraper) for any caked-on stains
- Soak up as much of the stain as possible with a clean cloth. Scrape anything up that’s caked on.
- Sprinkle the stain with a thin layer of baking soda.
- Spray with a solution of equal parts white vinegar and water.
- Let set for a few minutes, and watch as the combination fizzes and lifts the stain.
- Blot clean—do not rub it in.
- If any stain still remains, repeat as necessary.
This works on pretty much any type of stain. If the stain is mud or dirt, try to scrape it as much as you can prior to using cleaning product.
ANOTHER NUGGET FROM Thistlewood:
I used to go through gallons of BONA cleaning my hardwood floors. Then, I saw this formula…it is amazing! And SO simple and inexpensive.
Couple squeezes of DAWN Detergent (blue one)
Couple “glugs” of 20% cleaning Vinegar
1 Gallon of hot water