A BALANCED DIET IS CHOCOLATE IN BOTH HANDS.
MY THOUGHTS ON CHOCOLATE?
THAT IT IS A FOOD GROUP THAT HAS YET TO BE RECOGNIZED…
THERE…I SAID IT AND IT’S OUT IN THE OPEN…..I COULD JUST BE A BIT “SUGARED UP” AT THIS TIME OF YEAR…..
This little bit of NO BAKE yumminess is super easy to whip up and a teeny bit healthier than traditional versions. It’s dairy-free and gluten-free.
- 15 oz Chocolate Chips by Enjoy Life (GR & DF)
- 10 oz Marshmallow
- 3 T Ghee
- 1 Tsp Maple Syrup
- 1Tsp Peppermint Extract
- Nuts or crushed Candy Canes Option
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper
- Add the chocolate, marshmallows & ghee to a medium saucepan and turn to low heat. Use rubber spatula to stir continually until fully melted and combined then remove from heat
- Stir in the maple syrup and peppermint extract and pour into the lined baking dish. Top with crushed candy canes (if using) and let cool on the counter for 15 minutes and transfer to the refrigerator Let set in the fridge for at least an hour, then use sharp knife to cut in squares. Store in an airtight container.
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FUDGE RECIPE….traditional or otherwise? Was it handed down through your family? A holiday fave?
HAPPY HOLIDAYS! BE SAFE AND ENJOY!