This recipe, which has been around for quite sometime, continues to thrill! I have to think it’s because of the large, fluffy portion size, the simplicity of the dish, the fact that the ingredients are on hand and, most importantly, the delicious taste!
The egg whites in this oatmeal give it an extra dose of protein I personally appreciate because it keeps me fuller longer. A big-time bonus: It actually makes the oats fluffier. They’re light and airy and not nearly as heavy as a typical bowl of oatmeal.
Egg White Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats (you may use regular oats, but the cooking time will be a little longer)
- 1 ripe banana (softer is better here)
- 1/2 cup milk of your choice
- 3/4 cup liquid egg whites (I use egg whites from a carton to make them easy to measure and pour)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Peel and mash banana.
- Stir banana and remaining ingredients together in a medium-size bowl, with room at the top so the oats can “grow” in the microwave without overflowing.
- Microwave on high for three minutes, stirring after 75 seconds and then again every 30 to 45 seconds until three minutes are up. This can/will overflow…..be sure to watch it…..no slipping in to watch the morning news while cooking it!
- Top with your favorite fruit or nut butter and enjoy!
I am just addicted to oats in the morning! How do you prepare your oats?!
Stay healthy and strong,