YOU HAD ME AT PORK TENDERLOIN
April 30, 2021
PORK CHOPS WITH WHITE BEANS, FENNEL AND ONIONS
An easy pork chop dish for Summer evenings…
- 4 Pork Chops
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 15 oz can Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup White wine
- 1 tsp brown sugar / Swerve substitute
- Place pork chops one at a time between two sheets of parchment paper. Use a meat mallet to pound the pork chops to abuot 1/2 inch thickness. Season both sides.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chops and cook for about 3 minutes per side. Add onion and fennel to the pan and reduce the heat to medium. Cook until transparent. Add garlic and beans and cook for 1 minute. Season with 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Stir in wine and brown sugar, then return the chops to skillet and reduce the temp to low, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Service the chops with onion, fennel and eans spooned over the top and garnished with fennel fronds.
This recipe adapted from: The Food Network