Happy Friday Everyone!
It’s sunny and warm outside….makes me want to sneak away and waste an ENTIRE day!
But, back to “adulting”, right?
This week I’m addressing something I’ve had a LOT of questions about … INFLAMMATION.
Funny thing is, you need not look in your medicine cabinet to fix inflammation, look in your FRIDGE!
Yep, funny as that sounds, docs are now thinking that by simply changing the way we eat, we can change medical conditions that were previously treated only with medications.
So, here is a quick grocery shopping list for some “medicinal” foods for Inflammation:
- olive oil
- nuts like almonds and walnuts
- fatty fish like salmon, mackerel, tuna, and sardines
- fruits such as strawberries, blueberries, cherries, and oranges
- leafy greens like spinach, kale or collard greens (personally, I’ve never tried collard greens…are they a thing?)
And, to be fair….here are some of the foods that cause inflammation:
Try to avoid or limit these foods as much as possible:
- refined carbohydrates, such as white bread and pastries
- French fries and other fried foods
- soda and other sugar-sweetened beverages
- red meat (burgers, steaks) and processed meat (hot dogs, sausage)
- margarine, shortening, and lard
Hope this helps answer some of your questions. If not, please feel free to reach out via DMs or Comments and we can “chat it out”.
Have the BEST weekend,