One of my favorite memories of Summer is being at the beach and hearing the ice cream truck music….
That lively jingle…..knowing it was just bursting with icy treats.
Even now hearing the truck at the Lake makes me smile. My “ride or die” popsicle back in the day was the creamy frozen banana! Not to be confused with those yummy Banana Treats on Balboa Island!
So, when I found this recipe that added a touch of peanut butter AND some vanilla….I was sold.
THE BOMB BANANA POPSICLE
- Popsicle Molds, Chocolate or Sprinkles
- 2 med Ripe Bananas
- 1/4 C Smooth Peanut Butter or Almond Butter
- 1 1/2 C Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 C Milk of choice
- 1 -2 T Honey
- 2 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 C Crushed nuts or sprinkles
- Place ingredients in high-speed blender or food processor. Blend until smooth taking time to scrape down sides as needed.Pour smooth mixture into popsicle molds and freeze for 3 to 5 hours (if you can wait that long!)To take out of molds, run warm water over mold.
What is your favorite Ice Cream Truck Flavor? Did you have a truck in your neighborhood?