LIFE IS SHORT – EAT MORE ICE CREAM!
When the temps begin to rise (and stay there), my family begins to focus on one thing…
Cold, creamy, healthy ice cream.
Ok, in full disclosure, not EVERYONE loves the healthy word when it comes to a treat. But, with this recipe, you get the delicious-ness without the guilt. Perfect, right?!
Healthy Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Ice Cream Maker
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 C White Sugar
- 1 1/2 C 2% Low Fat Milk
- 1 C Fat-Free Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 1/2 tsp Peppermint Extract
- 1/2 C Chocolate Chips (chopped) or use "minis"
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with sugar until pale and foamy.
- In a small sauce pan, heat 1 cup of milk slowly until it reaches a simmer. Very slowly beat in the milk with the egg mixture in the bowl. Pour this into the pan and return to heat.
- Heat slowly, while stirring until mixture slightly thickens (coats back of spoon). Be careful, don't over heat or you have scrambled eggs:(
- Refrigerate mixture until completely chilled – at least 8 hours.
- Process in your ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions. When slightly thickened (end of process) add the chocolate chips. Scrape into container and freeze until ready to serve.
- Be ready….our never lasts long once it's out of fridge!