Finally, the weekend is here!
And, you need something really special and fun for date night.
I’ve got you covered with something decadent,healthy AND romantic.
DATE NIGHT CHOCOLATE LAVA CAKE FOR 2
- 1 oz. dark chocolate chips
- 1 oz. butter
- 1⁄10 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 tbsp butter, for greasing the ramekins. I use PAM Spray.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and spray 2 small (approximately 3″ or 7 cm diameter) ramekins with PAM.
- Put in a saucepan or the top of a double boiler. Add butter and melt together carefully.
- Add vanilla and stir until smooth. Turn off the heat and set it aside. Allow the chocolate to cool, but not too much; keep it from getting firm.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until fluffy and it has tripled in size — about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the chocolate batter. Mix gently with a whisk to combine, until the batter is smooth, but ensure the mixture doesn’t collapse too much.
- Pour the batter into the greased ramekins and place in the oven. Immediately lower the heat to 350°F.
- Set your timer for 7-9 minutes. The lava cake is done just as the surface begins to crack.
- Remove from the oven and serve lukewarm. A dollop of whipped cream or fresh berries adds a delicious finishing touch.
Let me know if you make it (Send a pic and I will feature on my Instagram feed:)