THERE IS NO “WE” IN CHOCOLATE.
Finally, the weekend is here!
And, you need something really special and fun for date night.
I’ve got you covered with something decadent,healthy AND romantic.
DATE NIGHT CHOCOLATE LAVA CAKE FOR 2
- 1 oz. dark chocolate chips
- 1 oz. butter
- 1⁄10 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 tbsp butter, for greasing the ramekins. I use PAM Spray.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and spray 2 small (approximately 3″ or 7 cm diameter) ramekins with PAM.
- Put in a saucepan or the top of a double boiler. Add butter and melt together carefully.
- Add vanilla and stir until smooth. Turn off the heat and set it aside. Allow the chocolate to cool, but not too much; keep it from getting firm.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until fluffy and it has tripled in size — about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the chocolate batter. Mix gently with a whisk to combine, until the batter is smooth, but ensure the mixture doesn’t collapse too much.
- Pour the batter into the greased ramekins and place in the oven. Immediately lower the heat to 350°F.
- Set your timer for 7-9 minutes. The lava cake is done just as the surface begins to crack.
- Remove from the oven and serve lukewarm. A dollop of whipped cream or fresh berries adds a delicious finishing touch.
Let me know if you make it (Send a pic and I will feature on my Instagram feed:)